In no particular order...
1) Nana flew home Saturday after two weeks with us. We have been campaigning to get Nana and Papa to move to Htown. No such luck, so far. Your strategy suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
2) We planted herbs, beans, and marigolds in pots on our back porch.
3) My friend Faith died three weeks ago, while battling cancer, chemo, etc. for the second time. It seems unreal. Death seems unreal, doesn't it?
4) I submitted a chapbook manuscript to a poetry contest. Although the poems are not new, I'd never combined them in a sequence together. I don't remember ever submitting a chapbook for publication before either.
5) Carrie is making major progress, both in her speech and in her potty training. Hurray for Carrie!
6) I want a puppy. Pearl wants a puppy. But keeping in mind what happened with Jake, I think we're going to wait until Carrie is a little older.
7) Marcia and I got to hear the author of Persepolis, Marjane Satrapi speak. She is brave and funny and smart, a wonderful storyteller.
8) I may become addicted to lettuce wraps this summer.
9) Marcia knows a whole lot about ice cream trucks.
10) Let me know if you want to play Scrabulous on Facebook. I'm very addicted to it.
But (more than) enough about me...what's new with you?